Skip to main content

We are going home soon...

In less than a week we are headed home for awhile... at one time I was just excited, excited to understand things, excited to visit and be with our dear friends, excited to have fresh, cool air, excited to be in our very own church. I am still excited but also feeling a little sad; I am sad to leave our dear friends here in Nicaragua, the warmth, the teams, the unpredictability of each day.
I know God has good things planned for our time.

I am so excited to watch Josh, Maggie and William experience their old life in the U.S..


I have had these strange thoughts lately, thoughts that come with a little grief. The reality that we are forever seperated from what used to be home. We have set ourselves apart from that life. Really we have no home; we cannot call Edmonds home and we are not yet at home in Nicaragua ~ where is home? The song Dwight and I had at our wedding was Sandy Patty's "Love Will Be Our Home" ~ I always giggle when I think of that song because I remember listening at our wedding and almost cringing as she went on and on in such a high pitch. Now I recognize that song was just another indication of where our lives were headed.

God is good and for our entire lives has been inviting us and preparing us to serve Him...

I hope that Dwight, Josh, Maggie and William will have words to share what this year has been.
We cant' wait to be home with you soon and then return to the country we love...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Ago...

Ten years ago, April of 2010 we were busy cleaning our house and selling everything we didn't think we would want in a year when we returned from Nicaragua.  Our plan was to spend a year in Nicaragua, actually, Dwight's plan was 6 months.  Our plan was for such a short time because if the kids were struggling or if it wasn't a good fit for us, then we could change plans and return to the U.S..  We rented our house furnished.  We all packed two suitcases and were ready to leave for Nicaragua on June 28.  The evening of the 27th we got a call from American Airlines saying our flight had been cancelled.  Wait a minute I thought; we are moving to Nicaragua, our bags are packed, we have left our house, you can't cancel our flight.  But they did and rescheduled us to fly out two days later. That is how our life has been over the last 10 years.  We make a plan, and our plan, for the most part, has not gone at all as we expected.  I think we are...

Let Me Consume Jesus More Than Anything

William and I have been reading through the Daily Chronological Bible since school began in August.  Our dates don't match the reading and we have picked up the pace as we realized it is not likely that we will finish before we go our separate ways.  It has been so good to spend our mornings together this way, especially during his last year of high school.  I find myself thinking on the scripture we read all through the day and the lessons we are learning.  God's Word is not an easy word.  It is filled with blessing and loss... the loss is so great, but God, over and over again redeems what was lost.  The Bible is truly the story of redemption over and over.  He is our hope and salvation. The other day William was reading John 6:56, it says, "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" .  I heard the scripture differently that day.  Maybe because this version said "feeds on my flesh" and I had mostly heard "...
William with new friends at La Chureca. He thought we should give this puppy to Larry since he gave us Gallo Pinto. NO MORE ANIMALS! Finally a few pictures! Here is a classroom at El Faro church after we painted. Our team after helping to fix the water line. Yesterday another pipe burst, but today we have water again. Praying for a woman named Sylia at La Chureca. Her family has started burning the bones to make compost, they also host youth group at their house every week, 20 kids come. In the trash at La Chureca. We walked and prayed for people. We had a wonderful free day today at Pochomil beach. We swam, rode horses, rented boogie boards and collected shells. It was a good day. Pray for energy to do this second half of our trip as well. I have sensed from the beginning of our time together as a team that our time in Rio Blanco would be very important. On Sunday (Billys 18th birthday) he will preach at church in the morning and Dave will preach at night, it should be...