About a month ago, during a small group meeting, my friend Kelly began to cry as she was realizing that maybe our boy's graduation wouldn't happen as we had hoped and imagined it would. Inside I thought, "well that is fine, they'll still finish high school and move onto college, what's the big deal?" Then Amanda, our usual voice of reason, wisdom, no-nonsense and not a lot of emotion says, "all losses are loss Kelly, of course you are sad". I considered again my response. My beautiful small group We talked about lament and praise, and that when we are healthy they will go hand in hand. Being a faith-filled person does not mean, that we will not experience sadness and disappointment; it means, that when we experience sadness and disappointment we can still praise the Lord. The thing I am most confident of in all of my life, is that God is always good. Even when things are falling apart, when life is painful and it is not how I hoped it w...
Comments
Post a Comment