Skip to main content

It's Time to Start Writing Again

Happy Easter! I have little time before going to my mom and dads and thought, maybe this is my opportunity to start writing again. Since my last entry........... oh my!

Last fall I thought it was possible that, maybe, I would never go to Nicaragua again. Dwight missed us so much last summer and my greatest priority was to strengthen our marriage. I believe that our marriage is our greatest ministry and if that wasn't my first priority then who am I to go and share any where else. God gave us great opportunity to spend time together! We started reading together and Fridays were our "date day", since Dwight isn't working Fridays. The five of us went to Disneyland at the beginning of November and had a great 5 days!
Before going to Disneyland I told a friend that I thought things were going to change at Dwight's work when we came home. I had no reason to think this only a nudge in my heart from God. Sure enough, the day we came home Dwight was told to consider the possibility of going half time. I had a feeling of yikes and an abundance of peace.

One thing I have always known in my heart is that Dwight would NEVER leave Michel Construction. Rob and Karen have been the most gracious, supportive, loving, giving and faithful employers and friends! Dwight is so devoted to them ~ I love this about him. But with changes in the economy maybe Michel Construction would be taken away from him, at least for a time. This lead us to the possibility that maybe God was calling us somewhere else.

Possibly Nicaragua........

Comments

  1. whoa! keep us posted! ian feels the same way about michel construction. i'm excited to see what God has for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Ago...

Ten years ago, April of 2010 we were busy cleaning our house and selling everything we didn't think we would want in a year when we returned from Nicaragua.  Our plan was to spend a year in Nicaragua, actually, Dwight's plan was 6 months.  Our plan was for such a short time because if the kids were struggling or if it wasn't a good fit for us, then we could change plans and return to the U.S..  We rented our house furnished.  We all packed two suitcases and were ready to leave for Nicaragua on June 28.  The evening of the 27th we got a call from American Airlines saying our flight had been cancelled.  Wait a minute I thought; we are moving to Nicaragua, our bags are packed, we have left our house, you can't cancel our flight.  But they did and rescheduled us to fly out two days later. That is how our life has been over the last 10 years.  We make a plan, and our plan, for the most part, has not gone at all as we expected.  I think we are...

Let Me Consume Jesus More Than Anything

William and I have been reading through the Daily Chronological Bible since school began in August.  Our dates don't match the reading and we have picked up the pace as we realized it is not likely that we will finish before we go our separate ways.  It has been so good to spend our mornings together this way, especially during his last year of high school.  I find myself thinking on the scripture we read all through the day and the lessons we are learning.  God's Word is not an easy word.  It is filled with blessing and loss... the loss is so great, but God, over and over again redeems what was lost.  The Bible is truly the story of redemption over and over.  He is our hope and salvation. The other day William was reading John 6:56, it says, "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" .  I heard the scripture differently that day.  Maybe because this version said "feeds on my flesh" and I had mostly heard "...
William with new friends at La Chureca. He thought we should give this puppy to Larry since he gave us Gallo Pinto. NO MORE ANIMALS! Finally a few pictures! Here is a classroom at El Faro church after we painted. Our team after helping to fix the water line. Yesterday another pipe burst, but today we have water again. Praying for a woman named Sylia at La Chureca. Her family has started burning the bones to make compost, they also host youth group at their house every week, 20 kids come. In the trash at La Chureca. We walked and prayed for people. We had a wonderful free day today at Pochomil beach. We swam, rode horses, rented boogie boards and collected shells. It was a good day. Pray for energy to do this second half of our trip as well. I have sensed from the beginning of our time together as a team that our time in Rio Blanco would be very important. On Sunday (Billys 18th birthday) he will preach at church in the morning and Dave will preach at night, it should be...