Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving...

90 degrees in Managua and snowing in Edmonds...Happy Thanksgiving! We are slowing convincing ourselves that is really is the holiday season ~ the malls are helping to convince us of this, we have put Christmas lights in the windows and fall scented candles burn through out the house. The best comment came from Josh the other night as he declared that "now this is starting to feel right", as I cooked almond cakes, mashed potatoes and green beans for our Thanksgiving celebration with our new church.
The month and a half between Thanksgiving and Christmas is our families absolute favorite time of the year. It's a time when there is no better place to be than with family or enjoying longs days at home together ~ there is something magical about this time of year! How will this happen in Nicaragua? Dwight and I will work hard to make our home, "our home"! I know that God will give us the same peace and joy that He has faithfully given and we will give Him all the credit as He does this.

One great blessing, that comes with a hint of sadness too... we will be getting a couch and loveseat on November 29! Our dear neighbors, the Beaustamontes are returning to the states after living for 4 years in Nicaragua. We committed to buy some of their furniture several months ago and I think in God's perfect plan the furniture will come at a time we need to create a home more than ever!

We are more thankful than ever this year! We are thankful for....
all of our family!
all of our friends!
for a beautiful church family in Edmonds and also in Managua!
to have the opportunity to serve God in a tangible way every day!
for our health!
for everyone that has and will visit!
for Gods provision!

He has truly given us more than we could ask for or imagine! He is the Author and Perfecter of our faith, so we will continue to trust Him daily. He will accomplish the work He has started and He will allow us to help if we are willing to be willing.

So much has happened in the last month! Here is a brief run down...
We have added 9 more to the Villa family.
We met a wonderful family from Oregon that was a great encouragement to Dwight with the aquaponic project and a blessing to all at the Villa ~ thanks Rick and team!
My dear friends LaFon and Kari visited, encouraged and learned so much!
"My Virginia Beach Team" came with a 3rd team to Nicaragua ~ we spent the week in Rio Blanco.
Josh is training for a triathlon on December 4.
The kids, once again received the most amazing progress reports.
Dwight spent a weekend at Montelimar with the men from International Christian Fellowship, he was refreshed and so encouraged.
We continue to lead the youth group at the Villa.

And what is coming up...
We are spending Thanksgiving with Mario's family in the community of Pochote... I went about a month ago with them and loved the community, this time we will work with a school and people that live out in the mountains.
We are going to Leon on Saturday for a Tombola ~ I will explain what this is when I understand more! It is a celebration with the kids.
Xochilt from the Villa will be going home to live with her family this Saturday. Please pray for her, for safetly, love and continued health and growth.
My brother Tyler is coming on December 3!!!!

I am sure I have missed something but that gives a brief glimpse.

We love you guys and are so thankful that you are a part of our lives.

I lift my eyes up
unto the mountains
where does my help come from?

My help comes from You
Maker of Heaven
Creator of the Earth

Oh how I need you Lord
to come and rescue me
to come and bring me hope

~a psalm, a favorite song of mine!

God bless you today.

Everyone in Edmonds ~ ENJOY THE SNOW!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Ago...

Ten years ago, April of 2010 we were busy cleaning our house and selling everything we didn't think we would want in a year when we returned from Nicaragua.  Our plan was to spend a year in Nicaragua, actually, Dwight's plan was 6 months.  Our plan was for such a short time because if the kids were struggling or if it wasn't a good fit for us, then we could change plans and return to the U.S..  We rented our house furnished.  We all packed two suitcases and were ready to leave for Nicaragua on June 28.  The evening of the 27th we got a call from American Airlines saying our flight had been cancelled.  Wait a minute I thought; we are moving to Nicaragua, our bags are packed, we have left our house, you can't cancel our flight.  But they did and rescheduled us to fly out two days later. That is how our life has been over the last 10 years.  We make a plan, and our plan, for the most part, has not gone at all as we expected.  I think we are better for this.  Our expec

How Can They Grow So Fast?

Josh got on a bus today to travel 24 hours to Panama City, Panama. He will be gone until the 14th of March participating in a conference called HACIA Democracy (Harvard Association Cultivating Inter-American Democracy). He is a Nicaraguan delegate, representing the U.S. on their stand on gun control. He has studied and now will discuss and argue with others about this topic. Dwight said to me yesterday, as we are packing his suit, how did he grow up so fast? And my question was, did we do a good enough job, what have we missed? The time with our kids is so short and I am so thankful to know that every minute of their lives God has been right there loving them, teaching them and protecting them. They love Him and that is all I could ever want. I am so proud of each one of them. They don't spend so much time cuddling together but I know they love each other and desire the best for one another. They always support each other in their work, fun and dreams. They other night we

Time to Start Writing Again...

I stopped writing this blog a long time ago... I was tired of others always knowing what was going on in my life and with my family, well... tired of the ones that used my experience in a negative way.  But when I stopped writing because of the negative motives of one,  I kept the testimony of God's goodness from so many others. If my story can be an encouragement then I want to share, if my story will help someone know Jesus more then I want to share, if my story brings glory to God then for sure I want to share.  So I will try to share how I see Him working every single day.    I have learned a secret that leads to contentment... I believe contentment waits for us in gratitude and serving others.  Apart from these two things it is very difficult to have a lasting peace in your heart.  I have become a bit predictable in the groups I lead, there is one question that I feel is important... How have you seen God at work today?  This is a question I started asking a long time ago