Skip to main content
this is Jeyling, she lives at HAT (temporary care for kids off the streets or in abusive situations). She has lived on the streets of Managua since she was little. I had the chance to pray with her and listen to her pray, it was so beautiful. Please pray that she can stay off drugs and find a place of peace and security. I hope to see her again but the kids at HAT come and go quite quickly, they are desperate kids.
Josh and one of the little guys that lives at HAT.

This iguana went running through the 1 year anniversary celebration at the Villa. You should have heard the screams. Don't you think it looks like a toy monster! William was in awe!


At Pochomil beach last Wednesday.


Riding horses on the beach. Guess how much it cost???? $2.50 for a half hour and the baby tried to eat the whole time.

Josh caught this giant rooster all by himself!
Ok, that's all for tonight. I love being able to share with everyone. We are having a great time. Did I mention that William was given un pollito last night? A chick, one day old! Everywhere we go we always add to our pets. Right now she (we say) is living in our bathroom and is well loved. I even find myself cuddling her. I think she likes us, but really is un pollito capable of loving? Haha. Her name is Gallo Pinto. You probably can't ever meet her in person because I don't think she would be allowed into the US but soon you will know her through pictures. I think she will eventually live at the Villa.
Actually, tomorrow she will have her first night there. We will be staying with the older girls for the week so Mama Alba can have a week off. 10 kids and 1 pollito ~ no problema right? We'll have fun, lots of laughs and what an amazing priveledge to be able to love and know the precious girls! They are so excited for Papa D'blanco to come on Friday!
I love you all! Thanks for reading.





Comments

  1. It's just awesome to read it all, Katie. You guys look great and I'm finally caught up. Keep blogging, you do it so well, and continue to enjoy all these experiences. So much love to you all! Please tell the kiddos how proud I am of their selves that they are sharing with others. They are awesome! Love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe William holding that iguana...amazing! I love seeing your pictures and reading about what you guys are doing. You are all in my prayers everyday...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement from both of you! I love being able to write and send pictures, being able to share this experience with everyone is a huge part of why I am here. Thanks for the prayers, I know God is taking care of us. I am super excited for our team to be here on Friday and share everything with them. I am excited for the kids to be able to show them everything that they have come to know and love! They really love it here!!! I love watching them love people and grow and step out of every comfort zone. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Ago...

Ten years ago, April of 2010 we were busy cleaning our house and selling everything we didn't think we would want in a year when we returned from Nicaragua.  Our plan was to spend a year in Nicaragua, actually, Dwight's plan was 6 months.  Our plan was for such a short time because if the kids were struggling or if it wasn't a good fit for us, then we could change plans and return to the U.S..  We rented our house furnished.  We all packed two suitcases and were ready to leave for Nicaragua on June 28.  The evening of the 27th we got a call from American Airlines saying our flight had been cancelled.  Wait a minute I thought; we are moving to Nicaragua, our bags are packed, we have left our house, you can't cancel our flight.  But they did and rescheduled us to fly out two days later. That is how our life has been over the last 10 years.  We make a plan, and our plan, for the most part, has not gone at all as we expected.  I think we are better for this.  Our expec

How Can They Grow So Fast?

Josh got on a bus today to travel 24 hours to Panama City, Panama. He will be gone until the 14th of March participating in a conference called HACIA Democracy (Harvard Association Cultivating Inter-American Democracy). He is a Nicaraguan delegate, representing the U.S. on their stand on gun control. He has studied and now will discuss and argue with others about this topic. Dwight said to me yesterday, as we are packing his suit, how did he grow up so fast? And my question was, did we do a good enough job, what have we missed? The time with our kids is so short and I am so thankful to know that every minute of their lives God has been right there loving them, teaching them and protecting them. They love Him and that is all I could ever want. I am so proud of each one of them. They don't spend so much time cuddling together but I know they love each other and desire the best for one another. They always support each other in their work, fun and dreams. They other night we

Let Me Consume Jesus More Than Anything

William and I have been reading through the Daily Chronological Bible since school began in August.  Our dates don't match the reading and we have picked up the pace as we realized it is not likely that we will finish before we go our separate ways.  It has been so good to spend our mornings together this way, especially during his last year of high school.  I find myself thinking on the scripture we read all through the day and the lessons we are learning.  God's Word is not an easy word.  It is filled with blessing and loss... the loss is so great, but God, over and over again redeems what was lost.  The Bible is truly the story of redemption over and over.  He is our hope and salvation. The other day William was reading John 6:56, it says, "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him" .  I heard the scripture differently that day.  Maybe because this version said "feeds on my flesh" and I had mostly heard "eats my fle